Baby bday ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 8, 2011

2 Month Check-Up




My how time flies! Yesterday, August 8th, was Emerson's 2 month check-up. Here are her stats:
Weight: 12 lbs. 2 ozs. 75-90%
Height: 23.5 inches 75-90%
Head: 15 inches
Dr. Good and I discussed developmental mile stones. Here are a few of the many that Emerson has attained:
Social Smile

Better head control

Rolls from her back to her side

Reaches to swat at toys

Tracks with her eyes
Watching her mobile

Has different cries for different things
I just had my shots cry

Too many pictures mom!

Last but certainly not least she is cooing and making all kinds of conversation!! PRAISE THE LORD!! She is even making a lot of guttural sounds, which Dr. Good says shouldn't happen for a couple more months. I believe it's because she can feel those sounds when they are made.

I have been anxiously awaiting these little noises to come out of her mouth. There is nothing sweeter to my ears than to hear her use her voice. You see, for many deaf babies they may start out making a little noise, but many stop because they can't hear themselves. The deaf educator that came to do her assessment for TEIS (Tennessee Early Intervention Services) explained that every time she makes these noises we should get in her face, be really animated, smile and point to our ear and say, "I hear you." This positive affirmation will hopefully help her continue to make noises, especially as she gets a little older.

Prayer request: That she continues to develop appropriately and continues to expand her baby babble!

As you may know, this appointment is when she got her first round of immunizations. I opted not to give her tylenol due to some studies that I've read recently that say mounting a small fever will help her mount a good immune response. She never ceases to amaze me, she took it like a champ! Only one loud cry and then she went to sleep in my arms. Yesterday she was a little more sleepy and fussy than usual, but she slept 6.5hrs through the night and is back to her norm this morning. GOD IS GOOD and HE IS ABLE!


Give thanks to the Lord for He is Good, His love endures FOREVER. Psalm 107:1

3 comments:

  1. The pictures of her cries made me laugh out loud! Love you and sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with that baby girl & in awe of her mommy & daddy! Love ya all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots to rejoice in, and I LOVE the head control shot! ;) Kyra has kept us in the loop about Emerson's arrival, and we are praying for God's blessings to be obvious as she grows and develops. Much to peace to Mommy and Daddy :)

    ReplyDelete