On August 4th, at 8:30 Emerson was scheduled for a CT to determine if her cochlea is calcified. Let me start by saying this is quite possibly the hardest thing I have ever had to do. The CT was supposed to be sleep deprived. I was instructed to wake her up at 4:00am, keep her hungry and awake until we arrived at the hospital at 8:00 for registration. At that time I was supposed to feed her and she was supposed to fall sound asleep. Well, let's just say it didn't go as expected. Little bit has been sleeping 6-8hrs through the night for the past 2-3 wks, so when I woke her at 4am she had already been without food for 7 hrs. The first hour was a breeze. My mom and I were able to amuse her, but the ceiling fan did most of the work. After that, it was all downhill! She began to cry and cry and cry. She cried so hard for the next 3 hrs, that her little body was quivering. It got to the point that we couldn't even put her paci in or hold her for more than a few seconds because she would start to fall asleep. When we arrived at the hospital at 7:45 it was getting more difficult to keep her awake. I went into registration and when I came out my mom had her stripped down and was wiping cold baby wipes on her to no avail, Emerson was down for the count. The problem: she hadn't eaten in over 11 hrs. She was supposed to eat BEFORE she fell asleep. I tried everything to wake her up and she wouldn't so much as flinch. She was listless and I was a little worried she was hypoglycemic. Our CT wasn't scheduled for another 30 mins, but fortunately, a tech saw me desperately trying to get her to breastfeed in the lobby and I explained to her the situation. They immediately took us to the scanner, laid her little listless body on the table, and within 3 mins the scan was complete. Almost the very minute the scan was completed, her little eyes began to flutter, coincidence??? I think not!! Praise the Lord for all the prayers that went before her!! My little warrior stayed completely still for the scan so we didn't have to repeat it and then latched on and ate like a champ! She stayed awake for another hour before she crashed. I am so thankful that this test is complete. Now all we have to do is WAIT, WAIT, WAIT!! Isn't this a great game?!?!?


Immediately after the scan
Let us then with CONFIDENCE draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
The prayer of a righteous person has GREAT POWER as it is working. James 5:16b
WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment